Web Filing with Companies House
File Company Documents Online
Limted Companies and LLPs
Filing information with Companies House is an essential part of running your limited company. Companies House must be notified of specific information within set deadlines and you have two ways of doing this.
During the year all limited companies and LLPs will have to file at least two documents with Companies House. First the Confirmation Statement, and second a set of accounts.
These documents must be filed by set deadlines to avoid action being taken against the business. In addition if there have been any changes to the company you may need update the public register. For example, if the business changes address or a director resigns or a new appointment is made a form will need to be filed at Companies House.
The traditional method is to post prescribed forms to the registrar. These forms can be downloaded from this website or obtained from Companies House. However, more people file documents online these days and postal applications are less common.
You can download some of most popular Companies House forms - HERE.
How to use Web Filing?
Filing documents online is a lot easier than completing manual forms. If you would prefer to file information with Companies House electronically you can do this simply by registering for Web Filing.
To use Companies House Web Filing you will require two codes -
- Personal Security Code - This is issued by Companies House to users of the system. The code is emailed to you as soon as you register.
- Authentication Code - This is specific to the limited company. This code is usually issued to all companies that are formed electronically and should be supplied by your Company Formation Agent. If not you can apply for a new code from Companies House, this will be posted to the registered office address.
(Simple Formations provide the authentication code for all companies registered with us, it is detailed in your "Letter of Instruction". We do not have access to codes of companies not registered on our system.)
The following guide to Web Filing is provide free of charge - CLICK HERE
Advantages of using Web Filing with Companies House
There are a number of advantages to using web filing -
- Quicker response, most electronic filings are accepted in just a few hours. Paper filing can take several days to be accepted.
- Easier to use. Many online forms are easier to submit than the longer paper versions.
- Confirmation of changes being accepted is issued by email.
- No lost forms in the post.
- Less paperwork.
If you need help filing documents at Companies House please contact us for assistance.