changing office address

How to Change Your Registered Office Address


Companies House and HMRC will use this address to deliver any statutory mail or legal notices. The address must be a real physical location and it is not permitted to use PO boxes.

Every limited company must maintain a registered office address based in the same jurisdiction that the company was registered. You can change the registered office address at any time but the new address must be within the same jurisdiction.

Updating the registered office address at Companies House is quite easy, you simply need to file form AD01 online or by completing the paper version.


How can you update the address?


Logging into the Companies House WebFiling service will allow you to submit the change of address online. Typically most changes are accepted the same working day. You simply need to register for the WebFiling service and you can access your company overview by entering your company number and authentication code.

You shouldn't worry if you don't have access to your company authentication code. A new code can be ordered directly from Companies House and a reminder of this will be sent to the current registered office address.


If you don't have access to the WebFiling service, or if you prefer the more traditional method, the change of address can be submitted by post.

A company director or secretary should complete, sign and submit form AD01 to Companies House. The form is self explanatory and simply needs to include the company name, company number and the new address.

Postal applications are typically accepted within approximately 5 working days.



What else needs to be taken into consideration?

Limited Liability Partnerships

Changing the address of an LLP works much the same as changing the address of a limited company. Companies House can be notified online or by post with form LLPAD01.

Limited Partnerships

The process for changing the address for a limited partnership is slightly different. At present, there is no online WebFiling portal available for limited partnerships and all changes are submitted by post. In this case, Companies House are notified of the new principal place of business by filing form LP6 by post.

How can we help?

If you would like our assistance with updating your registered office address then do not hesitate to get in touch. One of our friendly advisors will be happy to assist with this process.

Please note Companies House processing times are an estimate only and not guaranteed.

Simple Formations is a trading name of Small Firms Services Limited. We have been trading since 1998 and are one of the UK's longest standing Company Formation Agents

We accept card payment by American Express, Mastercard and Visa

We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express

Small Firms Services Ltd Union House 111 New Union Street Coventry, CV1 2NT