buy to let company

Buy to Let Investors and Companies

Register a Limited Company

Hold the Properties in the Company Name


Get your company registered quickly!


Complete Company Documents and Company Number Issued






See if your company name is available. 

Tax changes make investors look at LTDs

From April 2017 buy to let investors will be hit with changes to the taxation of their rental income. Landlords will no longer be able to deduct all of the interest costs of the mortgage from the rental income. Thanks to George Osborne, many investors will face a higher tax bill due to these changes and the government will raise hundreds of millions of pounds in extra taxes.

Holding property in a limited company provides an alternative solution. Registering a limited company is simple using our service and may help to reduce your tax bill

Most companies are registered in just a few hours!


Why are companies more attractive to investors?

Following the changes introduced by the 2015 Summer Budget there has been an increase in investors looking for alternative solutions to holding properties as investments. Buy to let property owners are now purchasing properties through companies.

There are differences in taxation when owning property as a person or as a corporate entity.

If you let a property in your personal name, any rental income is added to your tax return and you pay the correct level of tax. Holding property in a limited company means that corporation tax is due on the profit and personal income tax is only due when you withdraw the profit from the company.

The main benefit from keeping the property in a company name is the flexibility it provides when extracting profit. The owners of a company will normally take profits in the form of dividends.

When making a dividend payment you can decide-

How much to pay – You do not have to withdraw all of the profit immediately.

When to pay – You may leave profit in the company to extract at another time.

Who to pay – Additional shareholders can be added to the company. This may be partners or family members.

Flexibility in distributing profit may reduce your tax bill. However, you should seek advice from an accountant before making any decisions.

What SIC to use when registering a company?

When forming the company you have to provide an SIC to Companies House. If you are registering the business to hold property then mortgage providers will check you have chosen the correct codes.

68100 - Buying and selling of own real estate

68201 - Renting and operating of Housing Association real estate

68209 - Other letting and operating of own or leased real estate

SIC is the Standard Industry Code. Every company must provide at least one code to Companies House at the time of registration.

Although we do our best to ensure the information we provide is accurate we strongly recommend you check with a tax adviser if you have any questions regarding this specific tax issue and how it affects you personally. Regulations and tax rules change over time any may not apply to all situations now or in the future.

Why choose our company formation service?

 Save money on your company formation

We include a full set of documents when you register your company with us. All fees are included when you register your company online using Simple Formations.

 What do you get?

We provide the complete company registration service.

  • Company registered in just a few hours
  • Certificate of Incorporation
  • Memorandum and Articles of Association
  • First Minutes detailing the registration
  • Share Certificates
  • Company Registers

Free support is provided at all times.

Get your buy to let company out of the box.

company formation for buy to let

Register your buy to let company online!

 Search for your company name

Please note Companies House processing times are an estimate only and not guaranteed.

Simple Formations is a trading name of Small Firms Services Limited. We have been trading since 1998 and are one of the UK's longest standing Company Formation Agents

We accept card payment by American Express, Mastercard and Visa

We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express

Small Firms Services Ltd Union House 111 New Union Street Coventry, CV1 2NT