The following guide is designed to assist you in identifying what to look for in a Limited Company formation agent.
You may think all company formation agents are alike but this is unfortunately not the case. Although the end product should always be the same (a limited company) there are a number of key points that differentiate one agent from another.
The motivation behind the concept and design of Simple Formations was to take all the best parts of the services offered by various formation agents and provide them in one very easy to use web site with no hidden surprises.
What to look for in your company formation agent:
- Clear pricing with no hidden charges. For example, is vat and the £13 government fee clearly included in the advertised price? What about delivery costs?
- No deceptive entry level packages. With the government fee being £13 per company formed if an agent is offering formations for not much more than this then there is likely to be a sting in the tail somewhere. Most commonly the cheap package is not a trading company or additional fees may need to be paid to release the company into your control.
- Full company documents. We provide more than just an electronic copy of the certificate of incorporation and memorandum and articles of association. If you do not get Company Registers or Share Certificates you will have to buy them at a later date.
- Incorporation with your own details. Some suspect agents may form the company with nominee directors or shareholders. By using nominees the agent then has to transfer shares to you after incorporation and send you forms to appoint a director and secretary. This can slow down opening business bank accounts and also means the agents nominee details will be recorded on your company paperwork, and at Companies House, for as long as your company exists.
- Free phone support and advice. If the agent wants your business they should at least provide free phone advice and support.
- An informative website providing free advice. If a company formation agent is not able to advise you on the important aspects of a limited company then who can?
- Completely secure website and not just the payment page. Registering a company requires sensitive, personal information to be collected. The entire process should be secure as soon as you start entering personal data. Check for the padlock sign and make sure you see HTTPS in your browser when entering personal information.
- Simple and intuitive system. An intuitive system will make the incorporation process as easy as possible. Simple Formations regularly tests and updates the website to ensure all levels of user can easily mange and understand the registration process through our system. Whether you are an accountant or first time incorporator we think our system is simple to use.
Compare Simple Formations packages to others available and we think you will be pleasantly surprised. With low prices, fully inclusive document packages and same day company formation available we offer a market leading service – review our company formation packages.
If you believe another agent is offering a better package for a cheaper price we will do our very best to improve on their offer. Please contact us with details.