Where can I obtain vat (value added tax) information?

Your Accountant is probably your best source of information together with HM Revenue & Customs (the UK tax authority). You can apply for VAT on their website at no cost. HMRC publish a number of helpful information pages available from www.hmrc.gov.uk

However you should get professional advice on whether it is best to register for VAT.
In general if you are selling to the public your prices will be lower if you are not VAT registered. If you are selling to businesses that are likely to be VAT registered it will not affect the cost to the business as they will reclaim any VAT you charge them. You will also be able to reclaim any vat you are charged.

If you anticipate your turnover exceeding the relevant threshold for registration in any 12 month period then you are required to register for VAT by law.

We are here to help you. Please do not hesitate to call 02476 103 104 for friendly and professional advice on starting a company.

Please note Companies House processing times are an estimate only and not guaranteed.

Simple Formations is a trading name of Small Firms Services Limited. We have been trading since 1998 and are one of the UK's longest standing Company Formation Agents

We accept card payment by American Express, Mastercard and Visa

We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express

Small Firms Services Ltd Union House 111 New Union Street Coventry, CV1 2NT