What if I no longer need my limited company?

If for any reason you no longer need your company then it is possible to strike off (dissolve) your company.

Private limited companies (LTD) that have not traded or otherwise carried on business for at least three months may apply to the Registrar to be struck off the register. This is called dissolving the company.

You can do this by filing a form DS01. It cannot be completed online and form DS01 must be sent to Companies House with the current fee applicable.

We occasionally speak to customers that formed the company in error or registered a company incorrectly. Most errors can be fixed without dissolving the company but some people prefer the company to be correct from the time of incorporation.

If you are not sure whether to dissolve your company or want assistance removing the company from Companies House register then please contact us.

We help thousands of customers register new companies every year but also assist many people with filing form DS01. More than just company formation agents we handle customers’ statutory document compliance.

Please note Companies House processing times are an estimate only and not guaranteed.

Simple Formations is a trading name of Small Firms Services Limited. We have been trading since 1998 and are one of the UK's longest standing Company Formation Agents

We accept card payment by American Express, Mastercard and Visa

We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express

Small Firms Services Ltd Union House 111 New Union Street Coventry, CV1 2NT