How do I appoint a secretary?

The appointment of a company secretary can be achieved by submitting a simple form to Companies House online or by post.

Using the Companies House webfiling service you can submit the appropriate form online to appoint, remove or change the details for a company secretary. The same can be achieved by post but this takes slightly longer.

The appropriate form depends upon the type of secretary; form AP03 is used to appoint a person as a secretary whereas form AP04 is used to appoint a corporate entity as a secretary.

Changing the details of a company secretary can be achieved by filing forms CH03 or CH04 respectively.

Please note Companies House processing times are an estimate only and not guaranteed.

Simple Formations is a trading name of Small Firms Services Limited. We have been trading since 1998 and are one of the UK's longest standing Company Formation Agents

We accept card payment by American Express, Mastercard and Visa

We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express

Small Firms Services Ltd Union House 111 New Union Street Coventry, CV1 2NT